Maxey Moverley celebrates 20 years of quality
Electronics repair specialist Maxey Moverley celebrates its 20th anniversary in 2017.
The company, which today is one of the leading repairers of commercial electronics in Europe, has come a long way since it began trading in Birmingham in early 1997.
Founded by Andrew Beckett and Lawrence Croft, Maxey Moverley began life repairing niche weighing electronics from a small workshop in the city’s Jewellery Quarter.
As the volume of repairs quickly grew, it soon became apparent that new premises would be needed.
Maxey Moverley moved to an industrial unit in Redditch in 1998 and shortly afterwards secured the ISO9001 quality approval which it has held ever since.
Growth continued, not just with weighing electronics but in a string of new sectors and technologies including petroleum forecourt, printer, bakery and refrigeration.
In 2005 Maxey Moverley secured its first CCTV repair contracts, a pivotal moment which paved the way to its current position as Europe’s leading – and largest – independent CCTV repair facility.
In 2009 the company acquired RCS Energy Management, an independent British technology company specialising in the research, development and support of leading-edge control, monitoring and systems management technologies.
Then, in 2012, Maxey Moverley nearly doubled the size of its technical and repair operations with the opening of its current 20,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art technical resource centre in Broad Ground Road, Redditch.
Commenting on the anniversary, Maxey Moverley co-founder Andrew Beckett said: “While at first glance today’s pan-European repair and service operation might seem a world away from that first tiny workshop, they have a lot in common.
“That’s because as new sectors and opportunities have opened for us we have been able to grow steadily and logically, never losing touch with our core commitments to technical excellence, customer service and the highest quality facilities.
“In addition we have been fortunate that so many people – both customers and staff – have supported us so consistently and loyally throughout our history. The Maxey Moverley success story owes everything to them.”
News Menu: select next story to view
- Maxey Moverley celebrates 20 years of quality
- Maxey Moverley appointed Syac DigiEye service supplier
- Christmas & New Year
- Does your CCTV repair service tick all the boxes?
- Now open: equipment-specific CCTV training for installation / field engineers
- Team Maxey Moverley completes the Birmingham Half Marathon
- Charity run in aid of CLIC Sargent
- Now on Twitter
- Exclusive Mark Mercer Repairs
- Bosch MIC 1 repairs – keeping ‘Metal Mickey’ on guard
- Enhanced order tracking | Online, on time and on the way
- New Technical Repair Centre | Europe's Biggest Just Got Bigger!
- Maxey Moverley appointed as EU service centre for Samsung Techwin | October 2008
- Maxey Moverley expands Baxall repair service
- Dedicated Micros authorises Maxey Moverley repairs
- Maxey Moverley launches new online tracking service for CCTV repair customers
1st July 2007
"News, information and updates from Europe's leading back-to-base technology support specialist."