The frequently asked questions (FAQs) on this page may help if you have any questions regarding our service. If you do not find the answer you are looking for, please contact us direct.
1. How do I trade with Maxey Moverley?
If you have a regular requirement for repairs, we would recommend that you open an account with us. To apply for an account please download and complete our credit application form and return to Customer Services at email@example.com
2. Do you charge a fixed price and if so are there likely to be any additional charges?
Maxey Moverley offers fixed pricing on all repairs allowing you to know exactly what the charge will be before you send the unit in for repair. For a fixed price quotation please contact our Customer Services department on +44 (0)1527 522299 or firstname.lastname@example.org
3. What information do I need to send with the unit?
When sending products for repair please include paperwork, stating the following details:
- Your company name and address
- Purchase Order Number
- Equipment Type: Manufacturer/Model
- Serial Number(s)
- Fault Details
- Return Address and Contact Details
The unit should be packaged suitably and securely for delivery.
4. Do you carry out repairs from EU and non-EU countries?
There are no special requirements or customs procedures for EU customers. Please see the rest of our FAQs for further information on how to submit your units for repair.
For non-EU customers, there may be different manufacturer procedures or customs considerations to consider. Please contact our customer service team on +44 (0)527 522299 or email@example.com before sending your units for repair and we will advise you accordingly.
We can trade in British Pounds or Euros.
5. You have quoted me a fixed repair price for repair, why is the unit unrepairable?
Unfortunately, in some cases a unit is beyond repair due to the extent of the damage or because of unobtainable parts. In such cases we will return your unit to you using our dedicated carriage service, free of charge.
6. What does the repair process entail?
Each unit is assessed by an engineer specialising in a manufacturer’s equipment range. Working with dedicated test rigs all engineers have access to extensive manufacturer supplied spare parts stocks. Depending on the equipment type submitted for repair the engineers follow a strict process including:
- All equipment is fully assessed and diagnosed in accordance with the manufacturer’s guidance to coincide with the fault report provided.
- Replace defective, damaged and worn components/modules and fix the diagnosed fault.
- Preventative maintenance is undertaken by replacing weak components/modules that are known to cause problems.
- Full upgrade to the latest software if available
- All equipment is fully tested to manufacturer guidance in addition to a rigorous Maxey Moverley test of functionality.
- Prior to despatch, all cameras and digital video recorders are subject to an overnight soak test.
To discuss the repair procedure for specific equipment types please email our customer services department at +44 (0)527 522299 or firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Will I be charged if no fault is found?
We make an assumption that all units sent in for repair are faulty. Therefore, if our engineers are unable to find an obvious fault, they undertake prolonged testing and evaluation to find any intermittent or minor faults that may exist. This takes a considerable amount of time and may involve us contacting you to ascertain the problem you experienced.
Also, for many products, we undertake a refurbishment of known problematic components so as to increase service life. This enables us to warrant all repairs.
For these reasons we do charge if, after all this work, we are unable to find a specific fault.
8. How long is your warranty period?
All Maxey Moverley CCTV repairs benefit from a 12-month warranty from the date of despatch. Our EAS repairs benefit from a 6-month warranty from the date of despatch, all other repairs are supplied with a 3-month warranty form the date of despatch.
9. Can I track my repairs online?
In order to provide you with the maximum of feedback during the repair process we have developed an online order tracking service that is available 24 hours a day via our websites at www.cctvrepairs.co.uk & www.maxeymoverley.co.uk
Using a designated login and password, customers are able to view their repairs as they flow through our workshop. Should you wish to benefit from this service then please contact a customer service representative on +44 (0)527 522299 or email@example.com and you will be issued with an account number and password.
10. Is my equipment tested before it is returned?
Yes, prior to despatch all equipment is fully tested to manufacturer guidance in addition to a rigorous Maxey Moverley test of functionality. Equipment like cameras and DVRs is fully soak-tested overnight.
11. Do you have a helpline to discuss the issues faced with newly purchased units?
Maxey Moverley does not provide technical support for newly purchased units. Our technical helpline provides support for any issues found with repaired units on re-installation, these are covered under the Maxey Moverley warranty period.
12. What do I do if I experience any problems with a unit that you have repaired?
If you experience a problem with a unit that we have repaired for you please contact one of our specially trained technical team who will discuss the issues over the phone, free of charge.
Our aim is to resolve the problem on site and avoid the time and costs involved in returning products under the warranty scheme. However, if we are unable to help over the phone the unit will be given an individual RMA number which should be quoted on all returns paperwork to ensure we process all equipment in a timely manner.